Gift Aid

Q: What is Gift Aid?

A: Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to claim back the tax paid on donations and eligible payments from individuals who are UK taxpayers and who agree to make a Gift Aid declaration.

Q: Why can Haynes Motor Museum ask for a donation instead of an admission charge?

A: This is because we are a charity and your payment will give you and your family entry to the Museum for a year.

Q: Who can donate using Gift Aid Scheme?

A: Any individual who pays for him/her self and their family to have entry into the Museum for a year and also pays UK Income and/or Capital Gains Tax.

Q: What do I have to do?

A: When visiting, simply complete a declaration with your name and home address - which will remain confidential.  If you pay basic rate tax, you do not need to tell the taxman you have made a Gift Aid declaration.

If you pay tax at the higher rate, simply retain your receipt as proof of your donation, and then include your donation on your Self-Assessment Tax return. This will allow you to reclaim the tax paid at a higher rate.

Q: If I give you my name and home address, will I receive yet more junk mail?

A: No, we promise that we shall not pass your details on to anyone other than HM Revenue and Customs and only for the purpose of Gift Aid admission.

Q: What is a Gift Aid Re-admission Ticket

A: Allows unlimited access for a period of 12 months from the date of first issue, at times when the Museum is normally open to the public.

The ticket is not transferable, you may be asked for proof of identity when using the re-admission ticket on a return visit.  Improper use of the ticket will result in confiscation and a request for payment for admission.

Q: If I lose my re-admission ticket, will you replace it?

A: No, unfortunately a re-admission ticket cannot be replaced if lost.